- July 2017: Israat joins Dalhousie University as a tenure track Assistant Professor!
- July 2017: Two papers accepted to Micro--Congratulations, Khaled and Hoda!
- June 2017: Mehmet joins University of New Hampshire (ECE Department) as a tenure track Assistant Professor!
- June 2017: Dmitry joins William and Mary (CS Department) as a tenure track Assistant Professor!
- May, 2017: Shafi's SIGSIM-PADS paper nominated for best paper award!
- Nov, 2016: New NSF Grant on hardware support for Malware detection in the news. Sample articles: Phys.org, Science Explorer, HelpNetSecurity, Digital Trends , Bleeping Computer
- Nov, 2016: Vinay, Israat and Vikram receive best paper award at ICNP 2016 for their paper on transport of correlated videos in smart camera networks. ICNP is one of the premier conferences in computer networks. Congratulations!
- Oct, 2016: Dmitry's Micro 2016 paper was reported on widely in the news, including Yahoo! Finance, Ars Technica, Computer World and PC World.
- May, 2016: Mehmet's DAC paper nominated for best paper award!
Recent Professional Service
Architecture support for security:
- RHMD: Evasion-Resilient Hardware Malware Detectors, Micro 2017
- Constructing and Characterizing Covert Channels on GPGPUs, Micro 2017
- Hardening Extended Memory Access Control Schemes with Self-Verified Address Spaces, ICCAD 2017
- RIC: Relaxed Inclusion Caches for Mitigating LLC Side-Channel Attacks, DAC'17 (slides)
- Jump over ASLR: Attacking Branch Predictors to Bypass ASLR, Micro 2016
- Flexible Hardware Managed Isolated Execution, IEEE Transactions on Dependable and Secure Computing
- Covert channels on GPGPUs, IEEE Computer Architecture Letters, June, 2017
- A High-Resolution Side-channel attack on the Last Level Cache, DAC'16 (best paper nominee); (slides)
- Hardware-based Malware Detection using Low level
Architectural Features , IEEE Transactions on Computers (extends HPCA'15)
- Understanding and Mitigating Covert Channels Through Branch
Rethinking Memory Permissions for Protection Against Cross-Layer Attacks, TACO (extends HPCA 2014)
- Signature Based Protection from Code Reuse Attacks, IEEE Transactions on Computers, 2014 (extends HPCA 2013)
- Efficiently Securing Systems from Code Reuse Attacks, IEEE Transactions on Computers, 2014 (extends ISCA 2012)
- SIFT: Low-Complexity Energy-Efficient Information Flow Tracking on SMT Processors, IEEE Transactions on Computers, 2014
Networking and Distributed systems
Parallel Computing and Parallel Simulation:
Current Lab members-- I work with the following talented group
- Khaled Khasawneh, PhD student
- Hoda Naghibi, PhD student
- Hodjat Asghari-Esfeden, PhD student
- Shafiur Rahman, PhD student
- Ahmed Abdo, PhD student
- Sankha Dutta, PhD student (co-advised with C. Song)
- Esmaeil Koruyeh, PhD student
- Shirin Shirazi, PhD student
- Sakib Md Bin Malek, PhD student
Past PhD. Students
- Dmitry Evtyushkin, 2017, Assistant Professor, College of William and Mary (co-advised with D. Ponomarev)
- Jesse Elwell, 2016, Vencore Labs (formerly Bell Labs/Telecordia; co-advised with D. Ponomarev)
- Ketan Bahulkar, 2016, Assistant Professor, Vishwakarma Institute of Technology, India (co-advised with D. Ponomarev)
- Mehmet Kayaalp, 2015, Assistant Professor, University of New Hampshire, (co-advised with D. Ponomarev)
- Meltem Ozsoy, 2015, Intel Security and Privacy Lab. (co-advised with D. Ponomarev)
- Jingjing Wang, 2014, Hulu (co-advised with D. Ponomarev)
- Adnan Majeed, 2014, Facebook
- Vikram Munishwar, 2013, Cisco
- Seon Yeong Han, 2010, Research Assistant Prof., Korea Advanced Institute of Science and Technology (KAIST)
- Saquib Razak, 2009, Teaching Associate Prof., Carnegie Mellon University
- Weishuai Yang, 2008, Bloomberg
- Vinay Kolar, 2007, IBM Research
- Ke Liu, 2007, Barclay's Bank
- Sameer Tilak, 2006, Research Scientist, University of California at San Diego
- Paul Rogers, 2006, IBM