- Jan. 2018: Our research contributes to Meltdown/Specter attacks:
our branch predictor attack
of the important pieces used by Google Project zero to
recent dangerous and widely publicized Meltdown/Specter attacks!
This work was done by Dmitry Evtyushkin (now at College of William &
Mary) as part of his PhD (co-advised with Dmitry Ponomarev)
- July 2017: Two papers accepted to Micro--Congratulations, Khaled and Hoda!
- July 2017: Israat joins Dalhousie University as a tenure track Assistant Professor!
- June 2017: Mehmet joins University of New Hampshire (ECE Department) as a tenure track Assistant Professor!
- June 2017: Dmitry joins William and Mary (CS Department) as a tenure track Assistant Professor!
- May, 2017: Shafi's SIGSIM-PADS paper nominated for best paper award!
- Nov, 2016: New NSF Grant on hardware support for Malware detection in the news. Sample articles: Phys.org, Science Explorer, HelpNetSecurity, Digital Trends , Bleeping Computer
- Nov, 2016: Vinay, Israat and Vikram receive best paper award at ICNP 2016 for their paper on transport of correlated videos in smart camera networks. ICNP is one of the premier conferences in computer networks. Congratulations!
- Oct, 2016: Dmitry's Micro 2016 paper was reported on widely in the news, including Yahoo! Finance, Ars Technica, Computer World and PC World.
- May, 2016: Mehmet's DAC paper nominated for best paper award!