CS130 : Computer Graphics
Lectures: Tuesday, Thursday 9:40-11:00am, in Winston Chung Hall, Room 143.
Lab, Sec. 021: Monday, 8:10am-11:00am, in Winston Chung Hall, Room 129.
Lab, Sec. 022: Monday, 11:10am-2:00pm, in Winston Chung Hall, Room 129.
Professor Office hours: Thursdays, 2:30-3:30pm, and by appointment (WCH, Room 419)
TA Office hours: Fridays, 1:00-2:00pm, and by appointment (WCH, Room 110)
Note: All class-related emails should have 'CS130' in the subject line. Thank you for your cooperation.
Fundamentals of Computer Graphics, by Shirley, Ashikhmin, Marschner
OpenGL Programming Guide, by Shreiner, The Khronos OpenGL ARB Working Group
An earlier version of the book is available for free online here.
The Winter 2013 CS130 webpage can be found here.
In this course you will learn about current techniques in computer graphics.
By the end of the course, you should be familar with:
Raster graphics and hardware
- Geometric representations
- Affine and perspective transformations
- Illumination and shading models
- Basic animation
- Application to commercial graphics software
Grades will be determined based on the following breakdown: (subject to change)
Assignments and grading
- 10% (8-10) Labs
- 10% (8-10) Homeworks
- 30% (2 assignments, 15% each) Assignments
- 50% (2 tests 15% each, 1 final 20%) Exams
All assignments are individual unless otherwise stated.
Tips to make sure you do not violate the academic integrity policy:
Note on academic integrity
Any violations of this policy will result in an 'F' for the course and a referral to the campus academic integrity committee.
- Start on assignments right away so you do not find yourself in a desperate situation.
- If you are having trouble with an assignment, please email the professor and/or TAs.
- You may discuss the material with other students, the TAs, and the professor.
- Do not ask to see other students' code or solutions.
- Do not give your code or solutions to another student, even if the other student says they will not copy it.
Please familiarize yourself with the campus academic integrity policy which can be found here.