Sai Charan is a researcher, programmer, hacker & ‘tinkerer’. He loves to build things & break things (constructively, of course!). In the past, he has held full-time positions as an R&D Software Engineer with Nokia & a Senior Software Engineer at Yahoo! Inc. He spent the summers of 2013 and 2014 as a Researcher (intern) at Microsoft, Redmond working on performance isolation and storage in the Microsoft COSMOS BigData system. Sai’s professional experience spans resource constrained mobile platforms to the unconstrained enterprise elastic cloud. He has extensive experience with mobile development, design & integration of web services for the mobile platforms, performance tuning & search technologies. He has also worked on enterprise payment systems, enterprise application security, HTML generation technologies & small business portal design & development.
- Best Student Paper Award, The 28th International Workshop on Languages and Compilers for Parallel Computing (LCPC), 2015.
- University of California Riverside Graduate Student Association (GSA-UCR) Travel Grant to present our research at the HIPS workshop at IPDPS 2014.
- Earle C. Anthony Graduate Travel Award to present our research at the HIPS workshop at IPDPS 2014.
- CGO 2013 Travel Grant to present our research at the 2013 International Symposium on Code Generation & Optimization (CGO) workshop, COSMIC at Shenzhen, China.
- Dean’s Distinguished Fellowship 2011 for the Graduate program at the University of California, Riverside.
- Youngest Member, Nokia Technical Committee – an elite body headed by the Director of Technology, Nokia, Bangalore, responsible for reviewing emerging technologies and their relevance to Nokia; early prototyping of pertinent technologies and recommending their adoption in products.
- Nokia Kudos awards (two awards) for turbo boosting the performance of Device Search project & for independent research and shipping of Nokia’s SSO project. Dec ’09 & Mar ’10.
- President of India, Dr. A. P. J. Abdul Kalam Gold Medal for excellence in M.Tech (CS). Nov 2008.
- Sri R.V. Janakiramaiah Gold Medal for excellence in M.Sc. (Math with specialization in CS). Nov 2006.
- Justice P.N. Bhagawati Gold Medal for excellence in the B.Sc. Honors (Mathematics). Nov 2004.
- Researcher (Intern), Microsoft, Redmond. Jun - Sep 2013.
- Research Assistant, University of California, Riverside. March 2011 - present.
- Senior Software Engineer, Yahoo! Inc., Bangalore. Jun 2010 - Feb 2011.
- R&D Software Engineer, Nokia, Bangalore. April 2008 - Jun 2010.
- System & Network Administrator, Dept. of Mathematics & Computer Science, SSSIHL. 2004 - 2008.
- Webmaster, Department of Mathematics & Computer Science, SSSIHL. 2004 - 2008.
- Doctor of Philosophy, Computer Science. University of California, Riverside. April 2011 – Sep 2015.
- Master of Technology, Computer Science. Summa-cum-laude, Sri Sathya Sai University, 2008.
- Master of Science, Mathematics with specialization in CS. Summa-cum-laude, Sri Sathya Sai University, 2006.
- Bachelor of Science (Honors), Mathematics. Summa-cum-laude, Sri Sathya Sai University, 2004.
- Member, Association for Computing Machinery (ACM).
- Member, Institute of Electrical and Electronics Engieers (IEEE).
Sai’s résumé (last updated: January 2018).
Sai’s professional recommendations are on LinkedIn (A LinkedIn account maybe required).