C++ tutorials and references on the web
- copy constructors: [here], [here]
- assignment operator: 
- [use of const]
- /References -- A reference is a variable that refers to another variable. References are like pointers, but they don't need to be dereferenced using "*ptr".
- [Scope] -- when you declare a variable, where can you reference it and for how long does it exist?
- [Dynamic memory allocation] - the "new" and "delete" operators for allocating memory.
Related, non-C++ topics
- Make: [brief intro], [full documentation] - note that the method outlined in the brief intro may not work for templated classes, because the g++ compiler will only instantiate classes from a template that it knows it needs at compile time. (This is why we include the ".cc" files for a templated class along with the ".h" files.)
- http://www.cs.ucr.edu/~klick/tutorials.htm -- simple intro's to TurnIn?, gdb, Makefiles.