- Feb. 2020 Leaders and innovators seminar at Texas A&M University
- Nov. 2019 Hoda's CCS'18 paper selected for presentation at ICCAD's top picks in hardware and embedded security (identifying best papers in those areas in the past 6 years)
- Oct. 2019: Associate Editor for Transactions on Computers
- August 2019: SpecCFI accepted to S&P'20 (congratulations, Reza and Shirin!)
- July 2019: Latch accepted to Micro'19 (congratulations, Daniel and Khaled)
- June 2019: New papers at RAID'19 (congratulations, Ahmed and Sakib!) and ICS'19 (congratulations, Hoda!)
- May 2019: Khaled accepted a tenure track position at George Mason University (ECE). Congratulations!
- Apr. 2019: Distinguished Seminar at GMU
- Apr. 2019: Keynote talk at GPGPU held with ASPLOS
- Apr. 2019: Keynote talk at Dearborn Cybersecurity day
- Mar. 2019: New IEEE Spectrum article explaining Spectre and Meltdown
- Jan. 2019: Two papers accepted to DAC'19. Congrats, Khaled and Daimeng.
- Dec. 2018: Fatemah's paper on client-side DNS poisoning to appear in Infocom'19 (Fix/credit from Apple)
- Dec. 2018: Hodjat's CORF paper to appear in ASPLOS'19.
- Nov. 2018: New side channel attacks on the graphics buffer to appear in NDSS'19. Congratulatiuons, Daimeng!
- Nov. 2018: Jump-over-ASLR (Micro'16) paper selected for
presentation at Top Picks in Hardware and Embedded Security Workshop
- Nov. 2018: Nael presents an invited panel talk at ICCAD in San Diego
- Oct. 2018
: Nael gives a keynote talk at the SecArch workshop held with CCS.
- Oct. 2018: VPPS paper presented at Micro'18
- Aug. 2018: Hoda's paper on GPU side channels accepted to CCS! (UCR news release), CVE-2018-6260
- July 2018: Spectre Returns (SpectreRSB) attack is in the news! This is a new variant of Spectre that we developed (awarded best paper WOOT 18). Congratulations Reza and Khaled! (CVE-2018-15572)
- June 2018: SafeSpec in the news! SafeSpec is a design principle to defend against speculation attacks.
- June 2018: Shirin and Fatemah receive scholarships to attend the Grace Hopper Celebration conference!
- May 2018: Honored to receive the best Prof. award for 17/18 from the UCR ACM chapter. Thanks, guys (and gals)!
- April 2018: Khaled's ensemble hardware malware detectors paper received a research highlight from nature electronics. Unfortunately, its behind a paywall; contact me if you would like a copy.
- March 2018: Branchscope
is in the news!, CVE-2018-9056
- Jan. 2018: Our research contributes to Meltdown/Specter attacks:
our branch predictor attack
of the important pieces used by Google Project zero to
recent dangerous and widely publicized Meltdown/Specter attacks!
This work was done by Dmitry Evtyushkin (now at College of William &
Mary) as part of his PhD (co-advised with Dmitry Ponomarev)
- July 2017: Two papers accepted to Micro--Congratulations, Khaled and Hoda!
- July 2017: Israat joins Dalhousie University as a tenure track Assistant Professor!
- June 2017: Mehmet joins University of New Hampshire (ECE Department) as a tenure track Assistant Professor!
- June 2017: Dmitry joins William and Mary (CS Department) as a tenure track Assistant Professor!
- May, 2017: Shafi's SIGSIM-PADS paper nominated for best paper award!
- Nov, 2016: New NSF Grant on hardware support for Malware detection in the news. Sample articles: Phys.org, Science Explorer, HelpNetSecurity, Digital Trends , Bleeping Computer
- Nov, 2016: Vinay, Israat and Vikram receive best paper award at ICNP 2016 for their paper on transport of correlated videos in smart camera networks. ICNP is one of the premier conferences in computer networks. Congratulations!
- Oct, 2016: Dmitry's Micro 2016 paper was reported on widely in the news, including Yahoo! Finance, Ars Technica, Computer World and PC World.
- May, 2016: Mehmet's DAC paper nominated for best paper award!