Network Routing - Papers List
I expect every person to do a presentation. Choices are on a first come
first served basis.
Send me an email to reserve a paper for presentation.
Presentation MUST follow these guidelines.
Presentations must be 20 minutes in length.
Everybody must read the papers however, and participate in the
17 Feb: Effect of BGP Policy on Routing
1. The Impact of Routing Policy
on Internet Paths
Hongsuda Tangmunarunkit, Ramesh Govindan,
Scott Shenker, Deborah Estrin
INFOCOM 2001 (Yihua)
2. The Impact of Internet Policy and Topology on
Delayed Routing Convergence, by Craig Labovitz, Roger Wattenhofer,
Srinivasan Venkatachary and Abha Ahuja.
Proceedings of INFOCOM, Anchorage, AK, April, 2001 (Sidhart)
19 Feb: BGP and instability
1. The Temporal and Topological Characteristics of
BGP Path Changes
D. Chang, R. Govindan,
J. Heidemann ICNP 2003 (Danny)
2. `An Experimental Analysis of BGP Convergence
Time.'' Timothy G. Griffin and Brian J. Premore.
9th International Conference
on Network Protocols, ICNP' 2001 (Bruno)
24 Feb: Internet topology at the BGP level
1. On Power-law relationships of the Internet
Faloutsos, Petros Faloutsos, and Christos Faloutsos. SIGCOMM'99 . (Song)
2. Spectral analysis of Internet topologies .
M. Mihail, C. Gkantsidis, and E. Zegura In Proceedings of Infocom 2003.
2 March: Routing in Ad hoc networks
1. IMPORTANT: A framework to systematically
analyze the Impact of Mobility on Performance of RouTing
protocols for Adhoc NeTworks
Fan Bai, Narayanan Sadagopan,
Ahmed Helmy, INFOCOM 2003 . (Li)
2. C. Gui and P. Mohapatra, "Scalable
Multicasting in Mobile Ad Hoc Networks," IEEE INFOCOM,
4 March: Multicast routing - Bounds and proofs
1. "Bounds for the On-line Multicast Problem in
Michalis Faloutsos, Rajesh
Pankaj and Kenneth C. Sevcik (Amir)
Colloquium on Structural Information and Communication Complexity
2. Resilient Multicast using Overlays Suman
Banerjee, Seungjoon Lee, Bobby Bhattacharjee, Aravind Srinivasan
ACM Sigmetrics 2003 (Danlin)