I am currently a principal software engineer at Oracle. I am responsible for performance and scalability of distributed storage systems and operating systems running on multicore multiprocessor systems. I am developing adaptive resource management techniques for both Solaris and Linux.
Research interests: operating systems, resource management in distributed systems, storage, cloud computng, workload characterization, performance analysis, machine learning, and power-aware computing.
Prof. Rajiv Gupta is my advisor.
|Google Scholar profile||Linkedin profile||
- A. Fedorova, D. Vengerov, K. K. Pusukuri. Cache-aware thread scheduling in multi-threaded systems. Oracle Inc., Sept. 2013: US 08533719.
- Kishore Kumar Pusukuri, Working Set Model for Multithreaded Programs. In proceedings of USENIX TRIOS, Broomfield, CO, USA, Oct. 2014.
- Kishore Kumar Pusukuri, Rajiv Gupta, Laxmi N. Bhuyan, Shuffling: A Framework for Lock Contention Aware Thread Scheduling for Multicore Multiprocessor Systems.. In proceedings of PACT , Edmonton, Canada, August 2014.
- Kishore Kumar Pusukuri, Rajiv Gupta, Laxmi N. Bhuyan, Lock-contention Aware Thread Migrations.. In proceedings of PPoPP (poster), Orlando, USA, Feb. 2014.
- Kishore Kumar Pusukuri, Has One-thread-per-core Binding Model Become Obsolete for Multithreaded Programs on Multicore Multiprocessor Systems?. In proceedings of USENIX HotPar (poster), San Jose, USA, June 2013.
- Kishore Kumar Pusukuri, Rajiv Gupta, Laxmi N. Bhuyan, ADAPT: A Framework for Co-scheduling Multithreaded Programs. In ACM Transactions on Architecture and Code Optimization (ACM TACO), 2013. (Invited paper at HiPEAC 2013).
- Kishore Kumar Pusukuri, Rajiv Gupta, Laxmi N. Bhuyan, Thread Tranquilizer: Dynamically Reducing Performance Variation. In ACM Transactions on Architecture and Code Optimization (ACM TACO), Volume 8 Issue 4, 2012. (Invited paper at HiPEAC 2012).
- Kishore Kumar Pusukuri, Rajiv Gupta, Laxmi N. Bhuyan, Thread Reinforcer: Dynamically Determining Number of Threads via OS Level Monitoring. In proceedings of IEEE International Symposium on Workload Characterization (IISWC), Austin, Texas, USA, Nov. 2011. (pdf)
- Kishore Kumar Pusukuri, Rajiv Gupta, Laxmi N. Bhuyan, No More Backstabbing... A Faithful Scheduling Policy for Multithreaded Programs. In proceedings of the Twentieth International Conference on Parallel Architectures and Compilation Techniques (PACT), Galveston Island, Texas, USA, Oct. 2011. (pdf)
- Kishore Kumar Pusukuri, David Vengerov, Alexandra Fedorova, Vana Kalogeraki, FACT: a Framework for Adaptive Contention-Aware Thread Migrations. In proceedings of ACM International Conference on Computing Frontiers (CF), Ischia, Italy, May 2011. (pdf)
- Kishore Kumar Pusukuri, David Vengerov, Alexandra Fedorova, A Methodology for Developing Simple and Robust Power Models using Performance Monitoring Events. In proceedings of WISOCA, Austin, Texas, USA, June 2009. (pdf)
- Gaurav Dhiman, Kishore Kumar Pusukuri, Tajana Rosing, Analysis of Dynamic Voltage Scaling for System Level Power Management. In proceedings of USENIX HotPower'08, San Diego, CA, USA, Sept. 2008. (html)
- Kishore Kumar Pusukuri, Atul Negi, Applying machine learning techniques to improve GNU/Linux process scheduling, In proceedings of IEEE International Tencon Conferece'05, Melbourne, Australia, Dec. 2005. (pdf)
- Kishore Kumar Pusukuri, Atul Negi, Characterizing process execution behaviour using machine learning techniques. International Workshop on Cluster/Data Center Dynamic Provisioning and Resource Management, IEEE HiPC, Bangalore, India, December 2004. (pdf)
- Alva L. Couch, Kishore Kumar Pusukuri. Report on the workshop on Power Aware computing and Systems (HotPower'08). login, The Usenix Magazine, volume 34, Number 2, pages: 110 - 114, April 2009.
Professional Activities (Reviewer)
- ICPADS 2013, RTSCA 2013, IPDPS 2013, ISCA 2012, SAMOS 2012, PPoPP 2012, Micro 2011, RV 2011, ISMM 2011, SAMOS 2011, CGO 2011, ISPASS 2011, QSIC 2011, PACT 2010, RV 2010, CGO 2010, HiPEAC 2010, SAMOS 2010
- ACM Transactions on Architecture and Code Optimization (ACM TACO), IEEE Transactions on Computers.